Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pizza



Good evening!


I just have to tell you what delicious pizza dough I just made!!! It's sooooo yummy! You know I am a pizza fanatic, don't you? I could eat it breakfast, lunch and dinner and be happy.


This dough tastes great. It's not tough or chewy.


The only changes I made are substituting bread flour for the wheat flour, kneading,(well, actually, letting the Kitchen Aid knead) it for 7 minutes and then I let it rise for an hour.


Whenever I make pizza, I always preheat my cast iron skillet in a 425 degree oven. I shape the dough and put it right on the skillet, no grease or corn meal needed to keep it from sticking. I then add sauce and toppings. It only takes about 8 minutes to bake.




Try this, you'll never be satisfied with a frozen pizza again. Trust me.



Dough Ingredients: 1 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)

2 tablespoons oil

1 tablespoon sugar

1 teaspoon salt

2 3/4 to 3 cups whole wheat flour

1 tablespoon dry yeast


1. Prepare whole wheat calzone dough by putting ingredients (in order listed) into a large bowl (or bread machine), using about 2 cups of the flour. Stir to combine; continue adding flour and knead mixture with hands to make a smooth, elastic dough. Knead 5 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment