Sunday, April 17, 2011

Box cake review


Hi, I made this box cake mix intending for my husband to take it to work to share with his coworkers. It was so awful, I was too embarrassed to send it. My husband didn't like it either. I'm so surprised that this mix was as awful as it was. Duncan Hines is a reputable company & I have used their regular cake mixed more times than I can remember. At first I wasn't going to post about this, but then I thought I should warn other bakers out there. So I dug this box out of the garbage to photograph it. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture of the cake before I threw it out. It did bake up nice, but that's all I can say good about it. So save yourself some disappointment and make the carrot cake from scratch. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment