Monday, April 11, 2011

Date cake





Hi, I'm back. Just got done moving. My husband got a new job. I forgot how grueling moving is. Especially as I get older.


Got the kitchen all unpacked and was itching to bake something. This date cake is very moist and delicious. It does seen a little overly sweet to me. Maybe a mix of 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 white sugar would cut down on the sweetness. I don't know if my pan was an 8 inch instead of 9 inch, but I had just a little too much batter. I filled two jumbo muffin cups with the excess batter and baked them right along with the cake. My cake sunk in the middle after I took it out of the oven. That was my fault though. I didn't do the "stick a tooth pick in and see if it comes out clean".


I liked this cake. It can be found on the mennonite girls can cook blog site.


Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment